Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Holmes Chapel Parish Council
Please click this banner to return to our main page.

MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE
Thursday 4th March 2004


MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE

Thursday 4 March 2004 at 7.30 p.m.

Holmes Chapel Primary School

Subject

Minute

Action

1. Attendance

Mrs J Booth (Committee Chairman) A

Mr AC Rickards (Chairman of the Council) P (in the chair)

Mrs DE Currie P

Mr PJ Gregory A

Mr TJ Howkins P

Mrs SJ Maddock P

Mrs YD Moore P

Mr J Clowes P

 

P = present, A = apology, N = non-attendance

 
     

2. Declarations of interests

None

 
     

3. Minutes

Resolved: 22-01-04 approved

 
     

4. Planning application

Resolved no objection:

36981/3 24 Chestnut Drive - Extension

36982/3 46 48 50 London Road Conversion to 4 houses

37004/3 6 Manley Close Extension

37023/3 31 Bromley Drive - Alterations

 

 

 

Clerk

     

5. Holly Lodge planning application

Agreed public meeting in form of a Parish Meeting be arranged for Thursday 18-03-04 at 7.00 p.m. at HC Primary School

ACR

&

Clerk

     

6. Forward plan

Members reviewed minute of Finance Committee 25-03-04 agreed work to be done on Cranage Playing Pitch site was a start on necessary work

 

Clerk

     

7. Cranage playing pitches and Dane Valley

Before formal opening of meeting there had been discussion with members of Joint Committee with Cranage Parish Council. They were then joined with Steven Jones CBC. Arising therefrom:

  1. Enquire about the installation of portable toilets at Cranage to enhance use of the pitches
  2. Check on the electricity supply when the cables go underground
  3. Check as to whether the seeding has been done
  4. Check the status of the bowling green at Cranage to consider whether it could be moved to the playing pitch site as part of an overall complex
  5. Check on ownership and maintenance of the road to the sewage works
  6. Agreed to work towards preparation of a "vision" for the future with rough costings
  7. A landscape architect will be required and parties to investigate names
  8. Agreed to a figure of 5000 from the underspend of 30000 being earmarked for this exercise
  9. Ensure that the 30000 is ring fenced for Holmes Chapel
  10. Updating of the Dane Valley management plan so that the emphasis is now on ongoing maintenance and a better standard of management
  11. Discussion to take place with school governors and the local County Councillor about skateboarding issues at the Comprehensive School and Leisure Centre.
  12. Write to Glyn Chambers on the subject of skateboarding generally
  13. Invite Tony Parr of CBC to attend next meeting to discuss Leisure Centre

 

 

 

 

SJ

SJ

SJ

 

SJ

SJ

 

SJ &
Clerk

 

SJ

 

SJ

 

Clerk

TJH

Clerk

     

8. Village volunteers

General update from JC. Arising from general discussion and discussion at last meeting:

  1. Agreed not to proceed with water and electricity supplies on Precinct because of technical difficulties
  2. Agreed work to be done on planters on Church View

 

 

 

JC

     

9. Police problems

Relevant issues had been discussed during discussion with SJ

 
     

10. Members items

  1. New car park Now in use possible vandalism problems need to be kept under review
  2. Junction 17 M6 Work to start 0n 08-03-04
 
     
 

Close 9.30 p.m.

 
     


Return to Minutes Index Page