Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Holmes Chapel Parish Council
Please click this banner to return to our main page.

MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE
10th October 2002


MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE

Thursday  10 October  2002 at 7.30 p.m.

Holmes Chapel Primary School

 

Subject

Minute

Action

1. Attendance

Mrs DE Currie (Committee Chairman)     P

Mrs J Booth (Chairman of the Council)    P

Mr PJ Gregory       P

Mr TJ Howkins      P

Mrs SJ Maddock   A

Mrs YD Moore      A

 

P = present, A = apology, N = non-attendance

 

 

 

 

2. Declarations of interests

None

 

 

 

 

3. Minutes

Resolved: 29-08-02 approved

 

 

 

 

4. Planning applications

Resolved:

34955/3 – 17 Danefield Road – Extension – No objection

34959/3 – 1 Nairn Avenue – Conservatory - No objection

34960/9 – Swan Inn – Sign – No objection to proposed signs provided that visibility is not impaired

34964 – 5 Station Road – Object because extension is to large and out of keeping with existing dwelling, the street scene and for the width of the site

34965 – 4 Station Road – New dwelling - No objection in principle but concern about height of proposed dwelling (it is not clear if there would be 2 or 3 floors above ground), size of remaining back garden of existing dwelling and visibility / access near to a busy junction

34972/3 – Plot A Manor Lane – No objection provided that use is restricted to offices and existing landscaping is left undisturbed and additional screening provided

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

5. Cranage playing pitches and river crossing

Committee had met representatives of Cranage Parish Council before formal opening of meeting.  Clerk reported on latest information from CBC:

1.      Land acquisition now complete

2.      Waiting for QS to report

3.      Work could start on access but work on playing pitch may have to wait until Spring 2003

4.      Local team will use pitch available but need to make car parking arrangements

5.      No progress on easement to secure river crossing.

Agreed there should be a joint approach to CBC to press for progress in view of money invested already, to ask for a meeting and to ask for a project manager to be appointed

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

6. Best kept village results

Clerk had circulated prιcis of results and judges comments – HC having come last in class of 8 villages.  There were favourable comments about many areas of the village and local effort but some major problems caused low marks in particular litter and condition of station.

Agreed:

1.      Clerk circulate prιcis

2.      Future meeting to consider value of future entry into competition because of bad marks arising from matters outside Council’s control

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

7. Skateboarding

1.      Noted action taken by Police had brought improvement in village centre, but had caused more pressure to find a site

2.      Expected progress report from CBC had not been received – Clerk to press for response

3.      JB asked to consider a possible site off Elm Drive and to report back

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

JB

 

 

 

8. Police problems

1.      Noted Chief Superintendent to attend next T&P – all members to be invited

2.      He should be asked to report on appointment of a new school crossing patrol on Macclesfield Road

 

Clerk

 

Clerk

 

 

 

9. Dane Valley

Concern expressed about overgrown areas, amount of nettles and condition of paths; also kissing gate near to Daresbury Close cannot be opened because overgrown.

Agreed:

1.      These are management issues which need regular attention, rather than areas still to be tackled

2.      JB to take photographs for future discussion with CBC

 

 

 

 

 

 

JB

 

 

 

10. Elm Drive

Noted vandalism situation on play area had improved since summer months

 

 

 

 

11. General correspondence

E-mail received from Village Volunteers about next work to be undertaken

 

 

 

 

12. Members items

1.      Golden Jubilee trees – Agreed school governors could make it clear to their schools that some funds available to buy trees

2.      Planning applications in adjoining areas – Concern expressed about proposed tipping at Kinderton  and animal processing plant at Sproston – Clerk to make enquiries and take appropriate steps to object

3.      Bulb planting – Noted Scouts had asked to plant on Middlewich Road and Macclesfield Road and Chairman / Clerk had organised purchase of bulbs through PJG

PJG

IMM

Clerk

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Close 8.45 p.m.

 

 

 

 

 

 



Return to Minutes Index Page