Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Holmes Chapel Parish Council
Please click this banner to return to our main page.

MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE
Thursday 11th November 2004


MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE

MINUTES OF THE AMENITIES & PLANNING COMMITTEE

Thursday 11 November 2004 at 7.30 p.m.

Holmes Chapel Primary School

 

Subject

Minute

Action

1. Attendance

Mrs YD Moore (Committee Chairman) A

Mr DR Peake (Chairman of the Council) P (in the chair)

Mr AC Rickards P

Mr MJ Street P

Mr SW Waltho A

Mr J Clowes P

Mrs SJ Maddock A

 

P = present, A = apology, N = non-attendance

 

 

 

 

2. Declarations of interests

ACR and MJS declared non-prejudicial interest in Church Yard issues

 

 

 

 

3. Minutes

Resolved: 30-10-04 approved

 

 

 

 

4. Planning applications

Resolved:

04/0266/FUL 3 Chestnut Drive Extension Concern that the proposal is out of place on a corner plot, will affect the street scene and may impair visibility

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

5. Village Volunteers

1.      JC produced 2005 programme for circulation

2.      Tree for Sutton Oaks on order

3.      Information still required on seats

4.      Clerk to obtain details of stone for use in village centre

5.      Clerk to ask for plan for village centre / toilet area with a view to VV preparing scheme

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

6. Christmas lights

1.      JC had made arrangements for this year

2.      Equipment to be reviewed for next year because of new regulations

3.      CBC to provide Christmas tree

JC

JC and Clerk

 

 

 

7. Dane Valley

1.      Update received from CBC to be kept under review

2.      Concern about dog fouling not considered so serious as litter (and this applies in village generally)

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

8. Cranage Playing Fields

Clerk reported on meeting of joint parties with Landscape Architect in particular:

        Topographical survey produced

        Will enable progress on feasibility study for bridge

        Meeting being arranged with Environmental agency re river issues

        More definite layout to be available for next meeting

        Police to be consukted

 

 

 

 

9. Leisure Centre JMC

Clerk had received and circulated Alsager agreement. Needs detailed consideration Clerk to report back

 

Clerk

 

 

 

10. Budgets

Resolved following recommendations be made:

Youth Club

Consider jubilee next year

1,000

Church yard maintenance

Now have contractors who are improving standards

1,000

Christmas

Take account of need to update equipment

1,000

Planting etc

Take account of VV requirements

1,000

Cranage Playing Fields

32,500

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

11. General correspondence

1.      Police meeting 16-11-04

2.      County Accounts To be circulated

 

Clerk

 

 

 

12. Garden competition

Before formal opening of meeting Chairman present vouchers to some of the winners others to be distributed personally. JBA, IMM and RCP attended for presentations. Mrs Elinor Henshaw and Mr John Lawton also in attendance

 

 

 

 

 

Close 8.45 p.m.

 

 



Return to Minutes Index Page