1. Attendance Present:
Mrs J Booth (Vice-Chairman)
Mrs DE Currie
Mrs IM Mackenzie
Mrs SJ Maddock
Mr AC Rickards
Mr TJ Howkins (Chairman)
22 March 2001 approved
3. General review
The Committee considered ongoing work and objectives for the next year:
1. Transfer of accounts to computer – Clerk to produce for next meeting accounts for April to July on new system and to liase with ACR
2. Staffing – No further action required. (IMM had bought present for Mrs AC Nichols and agreed she should be invited to attend a Council meeting for presentation
3. Revision of standing orders – Clerk to produce draft for consideration by ACR and then for circulation
4. Best Value, General Management of Council and Policy – Review in Dec / Jan
5. Standards / Members’ Interests – Clerk reported on information provided at recent CBC “At Home” and far reaching implications. Agreed consider when information available from government
6. Area Representatives – Information now available on web site and notice boards.
4. Financial report / update
Clerk gave verbal report
5. History Research Group
Committee considered request for support of exhibition to be held in September 2001
Resolved Council meet reasonable cost of hiring hall.
6. Byley gas plant
Clerk reported on recent discussion with Clerk of Cranage Parish Council about financial implications. General agreement that Byley Parish Meeting and other Parish Councils should be encouraged to set up a fighting fund.
7. Accounts for payment
Clerk produced details of accounts for payment at next Council meeting.
Close 8.20 p.m.