Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Holmes Chapel Parish Council
Please click this banner to return to our main page.

MINUTES OF THE FULL COUNCIL
Wednesday 15th August 2002 at 7.30 p.m.


MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Subject

Minute

Action

1. Attendance

Mrs J Booth (Chairman) P

Mr AC Rickards (Vice-Chairman) P

Mrs ME Coombs P

Mrs DE Currie P

Mr PJ Gregory P

Mr TJ Howkins P

Mrs IM Mackenzie P

Mrs SJ Maddock P

Mrs YD Moore A

Mr RC Parry A

Mr DR Peake P

Mr J Rigby P

County Councillor K Oliver P

P = present, A = apology, N = non-attendance

 
     

2. Declarations of interests

None

 
     

3. Minutes

Resolved:

Council – 11-07-02 - approved

Amenities & Planning – 18-07-02 - received

Traffic & Planning – 01-08-02 - received

Finance – 07-08-02 - received

 
     

4. Matters arising

  1. Station entrance – Complaints about signs referred to Highways
  2. Council minutes – Notice put on web sites and boards
  3. Skateboarding – Resolved recommendation of A&Pnot be approved pending further investigations of other sites (Victoria Mills and HC Primary School) and public consultation
  4. Cranage playing fields and site report – Detailed response received from CBC Amenities Dept.- agreed refer to next A&P
  5. Village centre improvements – Meeting to be arranged with Marshalls for 30-08-02 – DRP not available
  6. Dog litter bins – Survey required – agreed refer to A&P
  7. Village Volunteers – Meeting has taken place between John Clowes and Philip Van Schijndel of CBC – queries raised about future maintenance of areas around new car parks on Parkway adj. Lovell Court and condition of library grounds – agreed Clerk to action
  8. Letter from HC Primary School Yr 3 – Response prepared for beginning of next term
  9. Parkway – Meeting with Highway Engineer – investigating kerbs for disabled (money in budget) parking restrictions and removal of disused lamp
  10. Byley – Resolved Council agree recommendation of Finance to make contribution of £2,000 when expenses incurred – Clerk to inform Cranage Parish Council Also RAP organising fund raising bbq – Sunday –01-09-02 £5, children free
  11. Meeting with Glyn Chambers at T&P – Points are being actioned
  12. Manchester Airport – Reply from airport – no outreach visits in 2002 but meetings for Parish Councils to visit airport still available – agreed meeting not necessary but Clerk to enquire about local complaints

 

 

 

Clerk

Clerk

IMM &

RCP

Clerk

 

 

 

Clerk

JB &

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

Clerk

     

5. Performance review

Council considered action taken since last cycle of meetings. Agreed Clerk refer Standing Orders to next Finance Committee

 

Clerk

     

6. Amenities & Planning

Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda

Clerk

     

7. Traffic & Planning

Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda. All members of Council to be invited to attend because of discussion with John Grey off CCC Highways Dept.

 

Clerk

8. Finance

  1. Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda
  2. Accounts for payment

DR Cowgill – Salary July £393.60

DR Cowgill – IT expenses 27.99

Cheshire Assoc of Parish Councils – Standing orders 7.50

British Telecom – IT 80.73

Clerk

 

 

 

Clerk

     

9. Borough Council matters

  1. Area meeting 23-07-02 – Chairman reported on this meeting in particular proposals on regional planning; and future of this forum. Further meeting to be held on 10-09-02 (changed from 03-09-02 Chairman to attend, ACR not available
  2. At Home 25-07-02 – Chairman and Clerk reported on this meeting and subsequent action taken by committees

 

 

 

JB

     

10. County Council matters

KO reported on following:

  1. Regionalisation – CCC voted to oppose proposals and committed to fight for continuation of County Councils
  2. Chief Executive – New CE now in post
 

11. Planning applications

Resolved:

T141 – Telecommunication mast Manor Lane – object

34779/3 – 18 Elm Drive – Conservatory – no objection

 

Clerk

     

12. School Governors

IMM reported work started on extension at HC Primary but bad weather causing delay

 
     

13. Twinning Association

Chairman reported committee meeting next week – important job to find accommodation for visitors in October

 
     

14. Police

  1. Violence in village centre – Clerk to ask for extra attention
  2. Under age drinking – Clerk to investigate whether identity card scheme would assist

Clerk

Clerk

     

15. Best Kept Village final event

To be held on 26-09-02 at Macclesfield Leisure Centre – Chairman, MEC, DEC and SJM to attend

Need to change next meeting date

JB MEC DEC SJM

     

16. Garden presentations

Chairman reported on progress. Final decisions to be made by Chairman and MEC next week and Chairman to report to A&P

 

JB

     

17. Golden Jubilee

  1. Trees / village centre – Resolved trees be purchased for each school and Clerk consult Village Volunteers about other areas in village
  2. Chairman - reported on visits to Buckingham Palace and King’s School Macclesfield for the Queen’s official jubilee trip to Cheshire

 

Clerk

     

18. Next meeting

Resolved 19-09-02 Finance 7.00 p.m. and Council 8.00 p.m.

Clerk

     

19. Members items

Agreed Clerk action following complaints:

  • condition of entrance to Precinct and car park
  • condition of passage adj. Playing Field
  • weeds in various areas of the village
  • lights at Leisure Centre car park
  • sunbed dumped on land adj. Toilets
  • lorry parking outside garage on Middlewich Road
  • sewer problems in Brookfield Drive

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

     
 

Close 8.55 p.m.

 

 


Return to Minutes Index Page