Make your own free website on
Holmes Chapel Parish Council
Please click this banner to return to our main page.

Wednesday 18th September 2002 at 8.00 p.m.




1. Attendance

Mrs J Booth (Chairman) P

Mr AC Rickards (Vice-Chairman) P

Mrs ME Coombs A

Mrs DE Currie A

Mr PJ Gregory A

Mr TJ Howkins A

Mrs IM Mackenzie P

Mrs SJ Maddock A

Mrs YD Moore P

Mr RC Parry P

Mr DR Peake P

Mr J Rigby P

County Councillor K Oliver A

P = present, A = apology, N = non-attendance


2. Declarations of interests

RCP indicated that he would not take part in discussion about planning applications because of his membership of CBC Planning Committee


3. Minutes


Council 15-08-02 - approved

Amenities & Planning 29-08-02 - received

Traffic & Planning 12-09-02 - received

Finance 18-09-02 - received


4. Matters arising

  1. Skateboarding Action taken by Police and Precinct owners to prevent skateboarding in Precinct. Agreed action should be taken to pursue a possible site at HC Primary School Clerk to contact Sue Tarplee CBC
  2. Village centre improvements Meeting held with rep. of Marshalls; further meeting to be arranged with rep. from another department
  3. Dog litter bins Clerk reported Glyn Chambers had passed recommendations to Dog Warden for action
  4. Cranage - Cranage Parish Council had agreed to meet at next A&P to discuss playing pitches and river crossing but not burial facilities
  5. Elm Drive Particular concern about broken glass being actioned by CBC and Police Chairman keeping under review
  6. Meeting with John Gray Clerk to prepare more detailed notes for next meeting
  7. Cheshire Planning Forum RCP to attend because IMM not available
  8. Glyn Chambers Response on the following:

  • Robinsons Brewery not likely to agree use of George & Dragon Cart Park for skips until alterations completed agreed he be asked to pursue Red Lion and Station
  • Parkway area has been swept and tidied
  • New litter bins as required to be erected before end of next week
  • Telephone directory bank being emptied

  1. Byley RCP reported on meeting on 17-09-02 minutes to follow. Arising therefrom:

  • Clerk to prepare profile of HC to be available for inquiry
  • Concern expressed about lack of financial information
  • Inquiry to start on 12-11-02
























5. Performance review

Council considered action taken since last cycle of meetings.

Clerk to prepare six months accounts and update standing orders for adoption




6. Amenities & Planning

Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda



7. Traffic & Planning

Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda



8. Finance

  1. Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda
  2. Accounts for payment as per Finance minutes 18-09-02




9. Planning applications


34881/3 52 Westway Extension no objection

34904/3 6 Chester Road Extension - no objection




10. Parish



Chairman reported on last area meeting as per minutes of T&P 12-09-02 Police action in HC and in relation to skateboarding noted


11. Police

  1. Carl Hurst is PC now assigned to HC Clerk has circulated his contact details
  2. Tim Jackson new Chief Superintendent at Northwich to attend T&P on 24-10-02
  3. Police Forum JR to attend





12. Twinning Association

Chairman reported on preparations for French visit in October. Noted that Social Event had to be held at Middlewich Civic Hall because Leisure Centre not available

13. Forthcoming events

Garden presentations Saturday 21 September 2002

Best Kept Village Presentations Thursday 26 September 2002

Annual Remembrance Service Sunday 10 November 2002

14. Members items

  1. Empty property Hawthorn Villas JR reported on action taken because of concern about health problems
  2. Dane Valley Clerk to report need for repairs to stile




Close 9.05 p.m.


Return to Minutes Index Page