Make your own free website on
Holmes Chapel Parish Council
Please click this banner to return to our main page.

Thursday 27th March 2003 at 7.30 p.m.


Thursday 27 March 2003 at 7.30 p.m.

Holmes Chapel Primary School




1. Attendance

Mrs J Booth (Chairman) P

Mr AC Rickards (Vice-Chairman) P

Mrs ME Coombs P

Mrs DE Currie A

Mr PJ Gregory A

Mr TJ Howkins P

Mrs IM Mackenzie P

Mrs SJ Maddock P

Mrs YD Moore P

Mr RC Parry P

Mr DR Peake A

Mr J Rigby P

County Councillor K Oliver P

P = present, A = apology, N = non-attendance


2. Declarations of interests

RCP indicated that he would not take part in discussion about planning applications because of his membership of CBC Planning Committee


3. Library

Alan Bell attended meeting and explained present position on library improvements which had not progressed because of funding problems; 80k from sale of land for car park had been earmarked for HC so there was reason to try and make progress. Members expressed frustration. Mr Bell agreed to investigate issues raised and to report back


4. Minutes


Council 13-02-03 approved

Amenities & Planning 27-02-03 - received

Traffic & Planning 13-03-03 - received

Finance 20-03-03 - received


5. Matters arising

  1. Skateboarding: JMC date on 15-04-03 now reinstated and issue should be on agenda. Chairman and YDM to agree presentation to meeting
  2. Cranage playing pitches: Work had started on site. Clerk reported on meeting on 07-03-03 to discuss river crossing, now applying for loan sanction following discussion at Finance; CBC had offered loan facilities Clerk to discuss with Cranage Parish Council
  3. Banks Kinderton Clerk had met Clerk of Middlewich TC who would like to set up some form of co-operation to include Sproston Parish Meeting and MAD. Clerk to approach Sproston and meeting to be arranged after Middlewich TC election in May
  4. Village centre improvements Harry Hopkinson now has the samples which he is considering with Highways
  5. Street cleansing YDM & TJH reported on their meeting with Alan Longshaw. YDM to provide written report
  6. Motorway widening Letter received from MP confirming she had raised issues with appropriate Minister; next area meetings and "At Home " will raise the issue as to whether local councils want to form a consortium to put pressure on government to consider and implement measures to protect local communities; TJH reported on correspondence between CBC and Government Office NW
  7. Planning seminar Points raised with CBC but date to be announced at next At Home on 16-04-03
  8. Knutsford Road access Planning application refused and appeal now lodged
  9. Comprehensive school Further information was passed on and acknowledged
  10. Playground seminar IMM to attend
  11. Comprehensive school car park and access Amended plan has been submitted with main access from Selkirk Drive - available for consideration later in meeting
  12. Licencing application Croco Service Station Notice of application received and to be heard on 8 April. Clerk had asked the applicants for further information which had been supplied and no point in objecting on technical grounds. Comprehensive School concerned about children using the premises; also concern about opening hours. JR agreed he would attend hearing to express local concerns
  13. Safer routes to schools Hermitage School have now replied in details. Needs to be considered at next T&P; HC School interested in pursuing other initiatives
  14. Litter in hedgerows CBC now have two litter pickers who had been seen working well
  15. Car parking problems Macclesfield Road Police say they have booked some offenders
  16. Street lighting Reply from County Lighting Dept to be considered at next T&P

JB &





































JR &










6.Performance review

Council considered action taken since last cycle of meetings and work to be done for year end and annual meetings



7. Future meetings

Members noted arrangements for:

  • Annual Parish Meeting 10-04-03
  • Annual Meeting 14-05-03
  • Calendar (circulated)
  • Site visits 14-04-03 and 08-05-03
  • Village Volunteers (dates circulated)

8. Amenities & Planning

Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda



9. Traffic & Planning

Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda



10. Finance

  1. Items agreed for inclusion in next agenda
  2. Accounts for payment as per Finance minutes




11. Borough Council matters

  1. Area Meeting Report from Chairman and JR
  2. At Home 16-04-03 Chairman and Clerk to attend
  3. London Road speed limit Rcp reported to be considered at forthcoming Joint Highways
  4. Tannery Sproston TJH reported VRBC Planning Committee to make site visit


12. County Council matters

KR reported:

  1. Library In view of earlier discussion he would press for progress
  2. Speed cameras Debate as to whether they should be visible refer to next T&P





13. Planning applications


35445/3 - Amended plan for Comprehensive School car Park and access Object because although the access is now improved the actual park is too close to neighbouring residential properties; and if allowed substantial landscaping would be required

35577/3 Parkmill Farm Barns Garages and driveways No objection

35598/3 Gas station Middlewich road Removal of landscaping condition Object because the proposal is unacceptable in the open countryside in any event so landscaping is essential

35609/3 Library Public car park No objection














14. Sandbach Almshouses Charity

AGM held in March accounts approved and in satisfactory order


15. Twinning Association

Date of AGM awaited


16. Police

JR reported on recent incidents where CAT effective


19. General correspondence

Manchester Airport Information from Cranage Parish Council re recent visit


20. Members items

Bus services ACR reported:

  • Agreement reached with PMT and Rural Rider to remain at present
  • Work started on bus shelters on London Road

Close 9.20 p.m.


Return to Minutes Index Page